With the common ownership, it’s more energetic here—people are truly invested and entrepreneurial, which keeps the... read more »
Denise L. AshbaughLitigation, Labor/Environmental Attorney
315 Fifth Avenue S, Suite 1000
Seattle WA 98104
Heidi's practice focuses on corporate and securities law. She serves emerging growth as well as established companies in a wide range of transactions, including public securities offerings, venture capital financings, startup and angel financing transactions, mergers and acquisitions, technology licensing, federal and state securities law compliance, and corporate governance issues. Heidi provides broad general corporate and securities advice to public and private companies, particularly those within the medical device, biotechnology, software, e-commerce, security, and other high-technology industries. In addition, Heidi has experience negotiating software and other proprietary technology licensing transactions on behalf of technology and life sciences companies, and she provides advice in connection with executive compensation matters.
- Representation of Vayant Travel Technologies in connection with multiple equity and convertible debt financing transactions.
- Representation of Incitor Incorporated in connection with its Series A Preferred Stock financing.
- Representation of C2 Design Automation, d/b/a Forte Design Systems, in connection with multiple preferred stock financing transactions
- Representation of Columbia Equity Partners and their affiliates in several private equity fund formation transactions.
- Representation of Loft9 Consulting in connection with its formation and strategic partnering with Point B, Inc.
- Representation of an international membership-based warehouse retailer in connection with its acquisition by a Toronto Stock Exchange listed company.
- Representation of a privately held electronic discovery company in connection with its acquisition of two wholly owned subsidiaries of another privately held company.
- Representation of a family-owned physician practice management software business in connection with its acquisition by a large public company.
- Representation of ImaRx Therapeutics, Inc. in connection with its initial public offering.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, The Seminar Group, “Crowdfunding, the JOBS Act and Private/Angel Investments in 2012,” September 2012
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Appointed by Governor Gregoire in 2006 to serve as a member of the Washington State Securities Advisory Committee
- Named a “Rising Star” by Washington Law & Politics magazine
- University of Oregon School of Law (J.D., 1996); Managing Editor, Oregon Law Review
- Western Washington University (B.A., political science, 1992)
- Riddell Williams, P.S. (Associate, 1997–2000; Principal, 2009–2012)
- DLA Piper (U.S.), L.P. (Associate, 2000–2006; Partner, 2007–2009)
- Washington State