Summit is much more conscious of what we charge clients—we’re careful not to go beyond what’s needed, so clients... read more »
315 Fifth Avenue S, Suite 1000
Seattle WA 98104
Otto has been involved in all aspects of employer representation in labor and employment law for more than 30 years. He works with employers of all sizes, helping them understand their legal rights and responsibilities. Otto regularly takes the lead in bargaining negotiations for many public and private sector clients, and has represented numerous employers in both grievance and interest arbitration. He has also worked extensively on executive compensation matters, representing both executives and companies. Otto frequently speaks on developments in labor and employment law.
- Grievance Arbitration: Regularly represents employers in all facets of grievance arbitration.
- Collective Bargaining—: Regularly involved in several different bargaining negotiations, representing management.
- Interest Arbitration—: Has extensive experience representing employers in arbitrations to determine wages, hours, and working conditions.
- Executive Compensation and Contracts—: Has substantial experience representing both executives and companies in matters involving executive compensation and employment agreements, and restrictive covenants.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Association of Washington Cities’ Labor Relations Institute: annual presenter for last 25 years
- Washington Public Employer Labor Relations Association: 2012 Fall Conference
- American Bar Association: 2009 Labor and Employment Section Conference
- Labor and Employment Relations Association: 2009 Annual Collective Bargaining Conference
- Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs: 2009 Spring Conference
- Regularly presents topics at internal seminars and trainings given by Summit clients
- American Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Named one of Washington’s Best Lawyers by Washington Law & Politics magazine
- Included in Seattle Magazine’s list of best local lawyers
- Best Lawyers’ 2012 Seattle Labor Law—Management Lawyer of the Year
- Martindale–Hubbell, A.V. rated
- Named “Super Lawyer” by Washington Law & Politics magazine yearly since 2003
- Board of Directors, Children’s Home Society of Washington
- Yale University Law School (J.D., 1976)
- University of Washington (B.A., 1973, magna cum laude)
- Washington State