Keith Seo advises national and multinational corporations, as well as regional and local businesses, on a wide range of real estate transactions. He represents property owners and operators, landlords, tenants, buyers, and sellers on transactions throughout the United States and Canada.
Recognized by clients for his speed, efficiency, and accuracy in managing a high volume of transactions, Keith provides counsel on:
- Purchases and sales, including industrial, multifamily, commercial, hotel and mixed-use developments, and related financing
- Leases, including office, industrial, and retail leases, and specialty leases such as data center and cell tower leases
- Construction matters
Keith is known for his strength serving businesses for which retail, warehouse, distribution, and technology facilities serve as primary resources in meeting their overall strategic objectives.
Clients. Keith’s clients include multinational retailers, national and regional home builders, as well as other businesses and individuals.
Before practicing law, Keith wrote columns for a Korean newspaper and worked as a translator for international businesses. He is a native speaker of Korean and is proficient in Spanish and Japanese.Keith enjoys strength training and photography, and cares about animal welfare.
- Seattle University School of Law
JD, magna cum laude
- University of Washington
BA, International Studies; BA, Spanish
Awards & Accolades
- Washington Super Lawyers, “Super Lawyer,” Real Estate; Rising Star (2016-2019)
- King County Bar Association
- Asian Bar Association of Washington
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- “Subordination, Non-disturbance and Attornments and Estoppels,” 20th Annual Fall Real Estate Seminar: Real Estate Forms and Provisions (December 2013)
- Represented a publicly held online retailer in more than 400 industrial, datacenter and office leasing, acquisition and development transactions ranging in value from $1 million to $600 million.
- Represented one of the largest homebuilders in the United States in land acquisitions and asset dispositions throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- Represented a publicly held warehouse club retailer in various real estate transactions throughout North America.
- Represented a utility provider in more than 50 telecom colocation transactions involving institutional providers.
- Represented a publicly held technology company in a 40-acre campus site acquisition and development, as well as office and datacenter leasing and colocation transactions.
- Advised one of the largest privately held retailers in the United States on construction agreement processes and prepared construction agreements for its build-to-suit flagship stores.
- Represented a utility provider in more than 15 purchase and sale transactions, including a sale of a hydroelectric facility, as well as over 10 large-scale easement transactions supporting substations and transmission/distribution lines throughout Washington.
- Represented one of the world’s largest video game developers in various office and industrial leasing transactions.
- Represented a major credit union in corporate campus expansion projects.
- Represented major restaurateurs in more than 20 financing, purchase, leasing and development transactions in the greater Seattle area.
- Represented a developer/operator of boutique hotels in nearly two dozen financing, purchase and sale, leasing, development and management transactions in Washington, Oregon, California and Illinois.
- Provided general counsel to businesses on day-to-day operations, including secured financing transactions, distribution/brokerage agreements, master services agreements and corporate governance.