Molly Gibbons is a versatile litigator who focuses on employment, commercial, and intellectual property litigation matters. She represents private and public sector clients in state and federal courts, as well as arbitrations.
Prior to joining Summit Law Group, Molly served for two years as a full-time law clerk to The Honorable Judge James L. Robart of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington. In this role, she worked on a wide range of complex civil and criminal issues and had significant exposure to trials and the nuances of litigation.
Molly graduated first in her class from the University of Washington School of Law. While in law school, Molly externed for The Honorable Judge Ronald B. Leighton of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington and a Hazelton Fellow to Professor Mary Fan. She also published a student comment in and served as the chief managing editor of the Washington Law Review and co-authored a research article in the American Journal of Public Health. Molly competed in both regional and international moot court competitions as a member of the Jessup International Law Moot Court team.
- University of Washington School of Law, JD, first in class, with honors, 2021
- Order of the Coif; Washington Law Review, Chief Managing Editor and published student comment; Hazelton Fellow to Professor Mary Fan; Jessup International Moot Court team, Oralist; Moot Court Honor Board; CALI Awards, Federal Courts, Legal Writing, Property, and Contracts.
- California Polytechnic State University- San Luis Obispo, BS, magna cum laude, Psychology. Law and Society minor, 2018
- Cal Poly Eventing Team Secretary; Research Assistant to Dr. Cacciamani.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- The Honorable James L. Robart, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- King County Bar Association
- Washington Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association for the Western District of Washington
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Author, “License to Offend: How the NLRA Shields Perpetrators of Discrimination in the Workplace,” Washington Law Review, October 2020
- Co-author, “Legal Liability for Returning Firearms to Suicidal Persons Who Voluntarily Surrender Them in 50 US States,” The American Journal of Public Health, April 2020
- Co-author, “Task-Irrelevant Sound Corrects Leftward Spatial Bias in Blindfolded Haptic Placement Task,” Multisensory Research, March 2020