Legal expertise with in-depth industry experience
Successfully navigating technology and commercial transactions demands more than conventional legal analysis. It requires pragmatic legal counsel informed by industry experience. Attorneys with decades of experience working inside technology companies built Summit Law Group’s Tech Transactions practice. We leverage that experience for our customers every day.
What sets our team apart. We go beyond the conventional legal approach. Here is how our team adds value:
- Understanding and aligning with business goals. We don’t just offer legal advice. We become strategic partners in your success by quickly learning your business and technology and aligning with your values and objectives. By providing nuanced counsel, we actively contribute to your business goals.
- Prioritizing business critical issues. Identifying legal issues is only the beginning. We go beyond by assessing their impact and placing them in proper context, focusing on how they affect your business and your customers.
- Strategic risk management. Going beyond legal analysis, we deliver actionable business strategies and specific operational tactics to proactively avoid unnecessary risks and mitigate their impact. Our commitment is not just to resolve discrete issues but to enhance your overall risk management strategy.
- Clear, practical communication. Our goal is to bridge the gap between legal intricacies and practical business understanding. We understand the value of time in your business. We are responsive to your needs, and we communicate in a way that empowers your business teams with the legal counsel they need for swift, informed decision-making.
Services. Working with a range of customers – from nonprofit organizations, start-up and emerging enterprises to Fortune 100 multinationals – we provide:
- Sales support and procurement support. Whether buying or selling, we assist with reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial contracts for products and services, including cloud-based services, hardware, software, and professional services.
- Product counsel. We have extensive experience mitigating risks in product development and launching new services. We provide end-to-end guidance, from developing and licensing IP, to customer privacy and user experience, through marketing and customer agreements.
- Process improvements. From contract management to research and marketing review, we assist with developing and improving form agreements, contract negotiation playbooks, contract management systems, and internal policies and procedures.
- Outside general counsel and secondments. We offer general legal support and cover specific leaves of absence or bridge transition periods. Our team seamlessly integrates with yours, acting as an extension of your in-house legal department.
We create collaborative partnerships and deliver tangible, positive results that help your business succeed. We use our industry experience to guide your technology and commercial transactions. Partner with us for legal counsel that understands your business and actively contributes to achieving your goals. Your success is our priority.
News & Insights
- Firm News
Summit Law Group is proud to announce that twenty-four partners have been included in the 2024 editions of The Best Lawyers in America® and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch. The annually published lists recognize the top practitioners statewide based on peer recognition and professional achievement.
- Firm News
Summit Law Group is pleased to announce that 22 of its attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2023 Washington Super Lawyers® and Washington Rising Stars® lists. The annually published lists recognize the top five percent of attorneys statewide based on peer recognition and professional achievement. Nine attorneys were additionally honored in the Super Lawyers Women's Edition and two were recognized for their tenth year by Super Lawyers.